Saturday, May 21, 2005

Bogging, Podcasting, Oh My!! My RTPnet Conference Experience.

Well, I have to say that I have had a really good time this past Friday!

I went to the Annual RTPnet conference on community technology and truely took a lot from it. I met some really cool people, notably Brian Russel and Ruby Sinreich who are 2 very passionate people about community technology and also blogging/podcasting. To me, this phenomenon is very very cool and innovative as well. As an avid open source explorer/supporter, I find that blogging and podcasting to be a very powerful tool to get things done and also to keep up to date on many things via RSS (Real Simple Syndication). I definitely will start to try and utilize blogging/podcasting as a tool in my social betterment efforts.

I also met some other VISTAs (Volunteers in Service To America) that, I am sure, will be valuable assets to me in the future as far as collaboration, insight, and friendship. Ben of Public Allies and Melissa from National Student Partnerships!

I got some pointers on technology assessments and just got to meet many people who's main focus is technology. Until now, I found it hard to really talk about technology without obligatory explanations and navigating through explaining what I mean, instead, I got to convey my excitement and relate to other technology support/trainers on a 'glad-to-know-im-not-alone' basis.

So if any of you guys read this blog, thanks for meeting me and I look forward to learning, doing more cool innovative things!

Also, thanks to Damita Chambers of RTPnet and Laura of the Duke Univ. Certificate in Nonprofit management for 'hooking me up'!!!!!

calvin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was AWESOME meeting you too. Always nice to know more techies helping others. Especially here in Durham, NC. :D